Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review: Dirty Pair Project Eden


Continuing my run of Dirty Pair OVA reviews, I have Project EDEN, which is technically a movie. Oh, and Project EDEN is the US name. It's just called "Dirty Pair" in Japan. I managed to pick up an ADV DVD, so I popped it into my computer and watched Project EDEN.

This was an excellent film on its own. The improved animation (Bear with me. This was made in 1987. The animation isn't gonna be perfect.) was a great point. The dialogue, however, is where the film falls short. The lines felt far too dramatic for the Dirty Pair franchise, and drama is not Dirty Pair's forte.

Another thing that I feel hurt the series was the soundtrack. While it was excellent on its own, it paled in comparison to the TV series. Even though a mere 2 years had passed since the 1985 TV series, the soundtrack, like the dialogue, felt far too serious for Dirty Pair

Sadly, the negatives far outweigh the positives here. Despite the occasional amusing scene, the movie was generally unfunny and excessively dramatic. I wouldn't say it's worse than Flight 005 Conspiracy, but it's certainly not as good as even Affair of Nolandia.


Project EDEN:

Plot Advancement: 4.5/5
Comedy: 1/5
Characters: 2.5/5
Sub-plots: 3.5/5

Overall: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment