Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Review: Rio Rainbow Gate! 3


Now, every man loves himself some boobs. However, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. And Rio Rainbow Gate proved that last week. Quite frankly, it was very irritating. I'm watching this for the gate battle action sequences, not the boobs. Get it right, XEBEC!

More rage after the break!


And, lo and behold, a shot in this anime that DOESN'T involve Rio's rack. It's a f**king miracle. A sharp change from last week. Oh, wait. Owner has another skimpy outfi- HOLY SH*T. A ghost! I would have never expected a ghost in such a dark castle.

I'm certainly glad they toned down the fanservice several notches this week. It made it a lot easier to watch the episode when Rio's boobs aren't in my face every 30 seconds. The ghost subplot was a nice addition to the episode, as it shook things up a bit in terms of the plot.

Despite the addition of the ghost subplot, which was not very well-thought out, the overall episode still wasn't very good, and the animation quality seemed to drop. I know this is a jobbing show, but XEBEC's not even trying now. More reasons to drop it, I suppose...

Much as this episode was an improvement, I am dropping Rio Rainbow Gate, and no further reviews for this show will be written by me. I do not see myself trudging over to Crunchyroll and wasting my bandwidth on 24 minutes of boobs every Tuesday. I have better things to do than that.


Rio Rainbow Gate 3:

Episode Plot: 1.5/5
Characters: 3.5/5
Comedy: .5/5
Plot Advancement: 1/5
Animation Quality: 2.5/5

Overall: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment