Monday, March 7, 2011

Review: Kore wa Zombie desu ka? 8

DESPAIR! My accidental marriage has left me in despair!

Nothing beats a cross-dressing zombie. Nothing.  Except maybe a vampire ninja, a race that believes marriage is serious business.  Such to the point of giving your husband ero glasses.  Is this love? Maybe to one person, but not to Ayumu Aikawa. Is this a zombie?  It most certainly is.


 Ayumu is a zombie, and more importantly, a guy.  We think.  I mean, what would YOU do with ero glasses?  In any case, Sera gets a hold of them, and reaffirms what we all knew: Ayumu's an indecent and miserable piece of sh*t.  Seems no one is safe from Ayumu's hentai antics, as he kiss- oh, wait. Just a naughty dream of Haruna's.  How does she deal with it?  The way everyone else in this show would: beat the living hell out of Ayumu.  Oh, and Mael apparently doesn't know how to like her new hubby.

Somehow, the gags stay original, although I noticed that one gag was reused from episode 1 (Ayumu getting hit by the truck).  Is this a sign that the show is running out of jokes?  There's still 4 episodes left, so I hope they don't run out of ideas.  The animation was some of the highest quality that I've seen in a long time.  I don't think I've seen an off-model moment yet, which more than I can say for Meduka Meguca.

In fact, the only really negative thing is that gags are starting to be recycled.  But the fact that it took 8 episodes before they had to recycle gags is impressive.  I'm starting to tire of Sera calling Ayumu a piece of sh*t, though.  We get it. You don't like him. Can we move on?  I don't need to hear it 5 times an episode to understand.

Overall, another great effort.  All I need is for someone to tell Ayumu "You are already dead.", and this show will become perfect.  The new character, Mael, adds a second tsundere to the mix, and I'm curious how that will affect how the other girls look at Ayumu.  I wouldn't be surprised if this show got a second season green-lit, to be honest.  It seems to be pretty popular.  Plus, I need something to counterbalance the depression induced by Madoka.


Kore wa Zombie desu ka? 8

Plot Advancement: 3.5/5
Characters: 5/5
Comedy/Romance: 4.5/5
Episode Plot: 4/5
Animation Quality: 5/5

 Overall: 4.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Great Review I think I will check out the series sometime soon. Keep up the great job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete