Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Color Me Corrected

Remember how, in the fall 2010 mini-preview, I said nothing reeled me in? Well, sure enough, a show reeled me in. I am thoroughly addicted to Shinryaku! Ika Musume. It's about a squid-girl (a cute one, mind you.) whose anger at humanity's pollution of the sea leads her to go to the surface and attempt to invade humanity, with varying degrees of amusing failure.

Honestly, I haven't seen a show this funny since Azumanga Daioh, which, by the way, Ika Musume gives a feel of. Each episode, a new plot to conquer humanity that inevitably fails.

I also ended up watching MM!. MM! is...interesting. All the characters have some sort of issue, ranging from masochism to a superiority complex to androphobia to crossdressing to incest. Yes, incest. It's so scary, it's funny.

I can honestly say that these 2 shows do not give off the same moe feel of last season. This could be a sign. Or I'm just over-analyzing it. Prolly the latter. Perhaps it's time for a review...

This happened last season, after I thought that, outside of K-ON!! and Strike Witches 2, there would be nothing. Then I found Asobi ni Ikuyo!... I fully intend to finish Ika Musume, with a possible review after it finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment