Thursday, July 24, 2014

What I'm Watching: Fall 2014

Okay, the fall anime season is coming up, and you know what that means. It's time to reveal what I'm going to be looking forward to in the coming 3 months. It's obviously tentative, since this list might change between now and when the season starts, depending on a lot of factors, like what Crunchyroll picks up. Anyway, let's get started with the TV series!

My limited preview is after the jump!




Denki-Gai no Honya-san

Anyone who knows me knows I like a good comedy, and I think I found one in Denk-Gai no Honya-san. To quote the chart's summary on The Cart Driver: "The 'youthful bookstore comedy' revolves around the folks who work in a manga shop deep in a certain Electric City." This sounds legitimately interesting to me, because I like books, if the manga reviews on this very blog don't tell you that.

Since it's on the first row of the chart, I assume it's going to start early on in the season, and will be animated by a as-of-yet to be announced studio. I will update this post when that information becomes available.



Orenchi no Furo Jijou

The second I saw that this show was tagged "comedy", I knew I should at least give it a look. Upon reading the summary, I was further convinced to watch it. Said summary is as follows: "Tatsumi is a normal high school boy. One day, a devastatingly handsome merman named Wakasa moves into the bathtub in Tatsumi's home." On the surface, this seems like a shoujo series, and that's because it absolutely is.

Slated to be animated by Asahi Productions, Orenchi no Furo Jijou, judging from its position further down on the chart, is possibly scheduled for a bit later in the season. Again, I will update this post when I get that information.


Well, that's the TV series out of the way. On to the OVAs and films!


Kill la Kill Special

You didn't think I was done with Kill la Kill, did you? Don't be silly, there's still a special coming out, and it's slated for September, to be animated by Studio Trigger. I don't need to explain Kill la Kill to you, do I?


Shinryaku!! Ika Musume

Bearing the same emphatic punctuation as the television series, this is presumably a continuation of some plotline from that season, or more slice-of-life. I'll give it a look, and maybe review it.


Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow

Wait. Why am I watching a Strike Witches film? Why do I like Strike Witches? Is something wrong with my brain? Is this going to be like the K-ON! film, where I see how long I go before I decide slitting my wrists is more entertaining? Or will it be surprisingly good, like My Little Pony: Equestria Girls? Time will tell, especially since we probably won't see this on physical release for several months.



That's it. You're probably thinking, "why watch so little?", aren't you? I can answer that question, I'm quite busy, so busy I often draft posts on the go, and finish them on my laptop later. The same goes for anime watching. I only watch a few series and a couple OVAs a season, and that's just when I can fit them in.


I hope you enjoyed my season mini-preview. Stay tuned for more awesome content from The Anime Plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment