Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days of Anime: #12: My Addiction to bad anime

Hi. You may remember me as the owner of this near-forgotten blog.  I've been hearing everyone in the blogsphere talking about this 12 Days of Anime thing, and I thought I'd give it a shot.  So, without further ado, I give to you my first post in 12 Days of Anime.

 Long ago... okay, several months ago, my friend Jon from Project Haruhi re-introduced me to a show I had tried to follow as it was airing.  That show was Kampfer, and Jon sold it to me on the basis that it was "so bad, it's good".  Of course, me being as somewhat naive as I am, was completely convinced and proceeded to watch it.  I was instantly hooked not only on Kampfer, but on bad anime in general.
Look at her, jumping like that. She's the male lead.

Following my experience with Kampfer, I would look at the charts for the upcoming anime seasons and pick out the absolute worst anime I could find in addition to the other shows I legitimately want to watch.  Of course, since there are two kinds of bad anime, my results ranged from complete trash, like Maken-ki, to amusingly bad shows like Kore wa Zombie desu ka.  Such is the gamble of my addiction.

 Was it worth it watch such awful anime for my own amusement/addiction?  Well, not every season can be a gem, and the bad anime helps to make some seasons look halfway decent.  Additionally, not every bad anime can be Kampfer.  Some were truly atrocious, some were just as good as Kampfer.  Granted, that's not saying much, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment